How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Howard Your Own Question
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

HiI am goin to be applying for a spouce visa, but I am not

Customer Question

I am goin to be applying for a spouce visa, but I am not sure about the earning requirements. I am working nights at the moment on a 24 hour weekly contract, this amounts to 11,000 per annum bt with overtime I am able to reach the 18,600 requirement. I wanted to know will the ukba look at my only my contracted hours or all my wages including overtime
Thank you
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
If you are applying based on 6 months with the same (current) employer then you would have to show at least £1,550 gross income for EVERY one of the 6 months - in this way overtime could be allowed.

Please feel free to ask further questions if the above has not fully answered your query or you require further clarification.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
I note you have viewed the answer that I provided. Please remember to provide a positive rating. If you have further questions then you can still ask after doing this and I will be happy to continue offering assistance.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
You appear to have forgotten to provide a rating of the service that I provided. I spent my time providing you with an answer to your question and I would appreciate you taking a moment to confirm that your question has been answered. If you require further clarification then you can still ask further questions.

Related Immigration Law Questions