UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi Im student here in the uk.my college has been closed down.

Customer Question

Hi I'm student here in the uk.my college has been closed down. I got the letter from ukba which is called curtailment letter which is from July till 19 September. In that mean while I did English test toeic which I failed three times and I was not able to get the admission in time due to my toeic test failed. Now I am over stayed. Still I got a visa on my passport till next year August 2014. I want to ask that can I apply for my visa in new college from the uk or I have to go back to my country and have to apply from there or if I will apply from there they will not going to refuse me coz of my over stayed date? Thans
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Unfortunately the curtailment letter means that your visa has been revoked/cancelled and you should return home and apply for a new visa to join the new college.

You should return home as soon as possible as you risk being detained if caught which would make any future applications harder.

Better to return home voluntarily.

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback