Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Hi, My partner is Chinese and entered the UK on a 6 month visa

Customer Question

Hi, My partner is Chinese and entered the UK on a 6 month visa in 2004.We met in 2008.
She stayed with her older sister who is a British subject.
In early 2005 my partner gave birth to a son, but was very distressed and could not cope with having the baby, so her sister took responsibility and 'claimed' the baby as her own by using her name as the mother, and her now ex husband as the father.
My partner and I wish to get married and want to 'claim back' her son, as we do not want him to suffer from a crisis of identity, also, this may help us in having a successful visa application for my partner.
Our concern in obtaining DNA test, is the implications this may have both to her sister/husband and my partner
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Are you simply asking if the sister would get in trouble or do you have an immigration law question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes,we asking if her sister would get in trouble

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
The advice you have been given by the solicitor is correct. There is the potential for her to get in trouble.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Do you require further clarification?

If not then you should rate the service that was provided to you.