UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I met my boyfriend about 5 months ago. He is Albanian and is

Customer Question

I met my boyfriend about 5 months ago. He is Albanian and is here on a year visa which runs out at the end of this year. I have just found out I'm pregnant with his baby. I am so scared about him going back because of my baby. Is there anything we can do as he only has months left?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
What type of visa does he hold and are you and/or him working?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

we are both working - I am a legal secretary at a solicitors. He does building work full time. I am not sure what type of visa he has actually. He told me it was a 1 year visa to come over to work I believe

If you are both genuinely wishing to get married, then you should do so after which he may apply for further leave to remain in the UK as your spouse.

You should do so before his current visa expires. See here for information on the application process for leave to remain as a spouse in the UK: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/

Hope this helps. Please leave feedback