UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I HAVE 3 CHILDREN IN THE UK. 1 BORN IN AFRICA,THE OTHER 2 BORN

Customer Question

I HAVE 3 CHILDREN IN THE UK. 1 BORN IN AFRICA,THE OTHER 2 BORN IN UK.THEIR AGES ARE BETWEEN 13 AND 3 MONTHS.I AM THINKING OF THE SEVEN YEARS CHILDREN LAW.BUT, I LEARNT IT NO MORE EFFECTIVE.I AM SO CONFUSE. WHAT CAN I DO? I NEED HELP.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 4 years ago.

The 7 year policy DP5/96 was previously a discretionary policy which was scrapped in 2008 but the good news is that it was incorporated into the Immigration Rules last year by the Home Office.

See this website of Arshad Mahmood: http://www.arshadmahmood.com/human-rights-applications/family-life-as-a-parent-of-a-child/initial-application-as-a-parent-of-child-who-has-lived-in-the-uk-for-seven-years-continuously.html

I suggest you speak to these Solicitors as they have a very good grasp of the law as the Solicitors you spoke to previously clearly do not.

All the best. Please leave feedback