How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 0
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hello, My name is Hai I am french national living in UK since

Customer Question

My name is Hai
I am french national living in UK since September 2013.
My fiancee is vietnamese national.
She applied inViet Nam to get a visa to come in UK to live with me under EEA reasons.
We have been living together since 2 years in VN.
We got recently a civil partnership certificate at French embassy in VN, called PACS.
We have a letter of support from my Company in UK, French company, to certify that they moved me to London, they support my partner to come in London, they certify that my income (75000 pounds a year) is more than enough to support her life in uk.
Despite all this, she has been refused her visa.
Reason from UK border agency is we did not provide enough evidence we live together since 2 years, despite we provide photos, house lease contract since 2 years in VN, bills.

Could you please advise if reason is acceptable? Our chance to get the visa if we call for a review of decision.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
Can you list exactly what documents were supplied to demonstrate co-habitation - type of document, name(s) on the document, original or copy, date, etc.
Expert:  Howard replied 4 years ago.
I cannot answer your question with the requested information.