Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

i am a south korean citizen married to a british citizen for

Customer Question

i am a south korean citizen married to a british citizen for the last 5 years
now i want to apply for a british citizenship but i am worried because me and my
husband are in a individual voluntary arrangement (IVA)debt repayment.
Would this affect my application?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Is the IVA in your name or your husband's name? Either way, if you have not been declared bankrupt and you do not have criminal convictions then you are unlikely to be refused due to an IVA.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Me and my husband are on IVA

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
It should still not be a problem. As previously stated, if there is no criminal (court) conviction then you should not be refused simply on the basis of the IVA.

Please remember to rate the service that I have provided to you.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
You appear to have forgotten to provide a positive rating of the service that I provided to you. I believe that your question has been answered so please get this done. If you have further questions I will still be able to assist.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to provide a positive rating of the service provided as you have viewed the answer that I gave to your question. If further clarification is required then you are welcome to ask.