Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi there,Im on an entrepreneurs visa and have to create

Hi there,

I'm on an entrepreneurs visa and have to create 10 jobs in order to stay.
These employees must be settled in the uk.
Can one of these employees include myself?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

I’m afraid that the requirement is that that the jobs must be full time jobs for persons settled in the UK. “Settled” for the purpose of the immigration rules means that they must not be under immigration time restrictions, which means that they must be filled by jobs for persons that are either UK citizens or foreign nationals holding ILR.

You will see this confirmed on the first bullet point under the heading titled “When can you apply for settlement”:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/tier1/entrepreneur/settlement/
It is also confirmed under under 6(2)(a) of Table 6 following from Paragraph 38 of Appendix A:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/policyandlaw/immigrationlaw/immigrationrules/appendixa/

You cannot be one of the persons filling those jobs unfortunately, because you are the main applicant and not “settled” at the time you make your application.

I am sorry.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kindly rate my answer if you are satisfied with the information I have provided.

Kind regards,

Tom