Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

i am a british resident with ILR AND married what do i have

Customer Question

i am a british resident with ILR AND married what do i have to for my wife to come and live with me . She has been once on a visitors visa/
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

What nationality is your wife please?]

Do financial requirement for a spouse visa? (ie. earn £18, 600.00 per annum or have significant cash savings)?

Kind regards,

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i work and earn over 18,600

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Okay, what nationality is your wife please?

Are you employed or self-employed?

Tom

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

my wife is Zimbabwean and i am employed

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply and patience. Sorry, I've had strange connection problems.

Provided that you have been employed for a period of 6 months then your wife is eligible to apply for a spouse visa.

You are above the salary threshold level which means that you meet the financial requirement. This means that provided you are able to adequately evidence this and meet the other eligibility criteria then your wife will be granted a spouse visa.

The eligibility criteria for a spouse visa is contained here:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/

The information on how she can apply is contained on the following page:-

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/apply-outside-uk/

There is quite a high evidential burden to meet with these applications because you have to show that your relationship is genuine and credible, so this means providing documentary evidence of the fact that your marriage is genuine. This means submitting correspondence showing your communication with eachother, photos of the time that you have spent together and other evidence like receipts of the times you have spent together. Obviously you will have to prove your marriage by giving your marriage certificate.

The best suggestion I can give is to instruct a solicitor in the UK to prepare the application. They definitively confirm your eligibility and advise you on the necessary supporting evidence in detail so that you can be certain that she will be approved and granted a visa.

If you are satisfied please kindly rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.

If not, please rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If not, please rate my answer.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.