Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX a British citizen and I would like my

Customer Question

Hi my name is XXXXX XXXXX a British citizen and I would like my grown up daughter to come and live in the UK because she is all alone in Kenya and she has no family of her own.
I invited her to come and visit in 2011 so that she can see her father (not biological) but the only father she has ever known and who died in September 2013.Up to last year she was a vegetable vendor in a market in Kenya (Kongowea market) but her small business has since been destroyed by all the problems that has been taking place in the country and my husband has always supported her up to the time he died. She is very lonely because my other two children are here in the UK and that's why I would very much appreciate your help. Just for information I am a pensioner and not in very good health.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
How did you obtain your British Citizenship?

How old is your daughter?

Where was your daughter born?

What was your nationality at the time of your daughter's birth?

What nationality was your daughter's father?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I obtained my British citizenship through marriage to Patrick Alexander Clark who died in August 25th 2013 in UK and we got married on 28/06/1975 in Nairobi Kenya.

My daughter was born 16/09/1965 in Nairobi Kenya.

I was a Kenya citizen when my daughter was born.

My daughters father was a Kenyan but I do not know his name.

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
A child born in Kenya to Kenyan parents is a Kenyan Citizen and has no claim to British Citizenship as an adult simply due to a parent having obtained British Citizenship.

Unfortunately there is not really any basis for your daughter to obtain Citizenship or to come to the UK based on the information you have provided.

I am sorry that I cannot provide you with better news.