How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello there, I applied for indefinite on the ground of 10 years

Customer Question

Hello there, I applied for indefinite on the ground of 10 years long residency set(lr). My wife and 4 years old daughter was my pbs dependent. my wife applied on flr(o) form instead flr(m).it was a mistake because my wife supposed to apply on flr(m) .she didn't have additional visa to wait for my outcome. We weren't sure if they hold her application or not if we do flr(m). Thats why my wife applied on flr( o). And her flr(0) application was refused. She got the appeal right. And launched the appeal and got the hearing date end of this month. Still my set (lr) application is pending. That's why I withdraw the appeal and did the fresh application on flr(m).During the appeal time her employer did ECS (Employment checking service) to the home office and the home office replied yes she got right to work.
In this case still my wife have right to work at the moment or not?
If yes could you please tell me where is written in home office rules or guidelines.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your wife had the right to work until her appeal was determined, this is why the Home Office replied to her employer that yes, she is entitled to work as her previous status as your PBS dependant was continuing in law until the new FLR(O) application appeal came to an end, under S. 3C of the Immigration Act 1971.

Assuming that her visa/leave to remain as a PBS dependant had not expired on the date the FLR(M) application was posted, she is entitled to work lawfully until the FLR(M) application (and any appeal) is determined.

It is explained here:

All the best

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

her pbs dependent visa already expired.we withdraw the appeal by fax after 3 days we going to do fresh application on flr(M). there is a option about the work. If i tick yes and if my employer send ECS. Home office will say I have right to work or not?


If I continue my current employment is it lawfull or not after submittimg fresh application on flr(M).

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I need answer according to my question. its very important.
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am sorry I was in a meeting.

If her PBS visa had expired and you then lodged the further leave to remain application on marriage grounds more than 28 days after her visa expired, and this after 1st October 2012, she would not be covered by S.3C and she is technically not allowed to work now as she does not have any lawful visa or leave to remain.

So, the Home Office should say that she is not allowed to work.

You are lawfully allowed to work as your ILR application has not yet been decided and any previous visa is deemed to be continuing under S.3C even if it has expired.

Hope this clarifies.

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
< Previous | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
  • UKSolicitorJA's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    English solicitor with over 12 years experience
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • chatham-chamber's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
  • Alice H's Avatar

    Alice H

    Solicitor Advocate

    Satisfied Customers:

    Partner in national law firm

Related Immigration Law Questions