UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello,My name is Ionut (John), i am Romanian and i am in

Customer Question

My name is Ionut (John), i am Romanian and i am in UK since October 2011. I had all my documents and access to work (eg. Blue Card, NINo or UTR-for self-employment). In February 2013 i applied as a student at London School of Business and Management based on Malet Street. I have also applied for financing and i have been approved. This year i had to do it again, so i have applied and i received as an answer that my request is in process; i would like to mention my first year here was good and i passed 7 assignment out of 8 and i had 100% attendance on both semesters. It have been brought to my attention that from 2013, october, it has been adopted a law where if you are not in UK for 3 years you can not benefit for Finance. I am about to start my second year but I would like to ask you if this can affect me and if yes..how can i fight back. When i have applied for the first time, having 3 years here was not a problem,and as a proof they accepted my request for financing. All i want to do is to study and i would like to know if there is anything i can do, if this law will apply and they will ask for my money back from the first year.

Best regards,
Ionut
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You will qualify for tuition fee loan but you will not qualify for additional help as you have not lived in the UK for 3 years before your course started. You would have also qualified for additional help if you were currently working, which you do not seem to.

Hope this helps