How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

Hello,My name is Ionut (John), i am Romanian and i am in

Customer Question

My name is Ionut (John), i am Romanian and i am in UK since October 2011. I had all my documents and access to work (eg. Blue Card, NINo or UTR-for self-employment). In February 2013 i applied as a student at London School of Business and Management based on Malet Street. I have also applied for financing and i have been approved. This year i had to do it again, so i have applied and i received as an answer that my request is in process; i would like to mention my first year here was good and i passed 7 assignment out of 8 and i had 100% attendance on both semesters. It have been brought to my attention that from 2013, october, it has been adopted a law where if you are not in UK for 3 years you can not benefit for Finance. I am about to start my second year but I would like to ask you if this can affect me and if can i fight back. When i have applied for the first time, having 3 years here was not a problem,and as a proof they accepted my request for financing. All i want to do is to study and i would like to know if there is anything i can do, if this law will apply and they will ask for my money back from the first year.

Thank you!
Best regards,
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You will qualify for tuition fee loan but you will not qualify for additional help as you have not lived in the UK for 3 years before your course started. You would have also qualified for additional help if you were currently working, which you do not seem to.

Hope this helps

Related Immigration Law Questions