How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Howard Your Own Question

Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 459
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Howard is online now

hello sir/madam i have been in uk scotland aberdeen since

Customer Question

hello sir/madam
i have been in uk scotland aberdeen since 27 february 2013 almost one year i born in france and grow up in syria so i have both nationality syrian and french i work in aberdeen airport .
i have three brothers two of them have the french nationality and the youngest brother 21 years old he is in syria but he doesnt have the french nationality and we used to live together at the same house with my parents before i came here .i want my brother to join me and live with me in aberdeen he applied for a EEA permit family member but they refused his application because i dont receive too much money if he want to be in-depended on me question is what is the best way to come here?? and which visa he can apply for to come and join me and dont go back to syria . because there is civil war in syria
thanks for your time hope you give me the answer .
regards .
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Where does he currently live? I presume he does not have French nationality - is there the opportunity for him to obtain it?

The usual visa for living and working in the UK would be a Tier 2 General visa but he would need sponsorship from a UK employer for a suitably highly skilled job.

For the EEA Family visa as an extended family member you would have to demonstrate that he is financially dependant on you.

He might have a case for asylum and you should check the following for further information:
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he is living now in syria .... he was born in france as well but he didnt get the french nationality because he was too young when we moved to syria which visa he can applied for visiting visa ??? and if he found a job he can change it to employment visa ?? as u know the situation is very difficult in syria for anyone to get a visa but can you please tell me which is the best way ...thank you so much for your time

Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
A visit visa would not be suitable as he cannot switch within the UK from a visit visa to a work visa. If he came here as a visitor and did not leave the UK in accordance with the terms of the visa then he could have serious problems in the future.

Without an offer of employment he will not get a work visa.

I am sorry but other than the options I have outlined in my first response there is not a way that he can just come to the UK, find a job and then stay here.
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
Do you require further clarification or has your question been answered?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.


i am in uk with my brother he works as well and he has french nationality and i have 2 other brothers in syria one of them have french nationality and the others no he just has syrian one ... my question is can he apply for a EEA family permit saying that his other two brother and his sister will support him financially ???

What Customers are Saying:

  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
< Previous | Next >
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C.
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin
  • Just let me say that this encounter has been entirely professional and most helpful. I liked that I could ask additional questions and get answered in a very short turn around. Esther

Meet The Experts:

  • Thomas



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
< Previous | Next >
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
  • UKSolicitorJA's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    English solicitor with over 12 years experience
  • Kasare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    Solicitor, 10 yrs plus experience in civil litigation, employment and family law
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
  • Ely's Avatar


    Immigration Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    US immigration attorney licensed in state and federal court.
  • Alice H's Avatar

    Alice H

    Solicitor Advocate

    Satisfied Customers:

    Partner in national law firm

Related Immigration Law Questions