Howard
Howard, Immigration Lawyer
Experience:  Senior Partner with nearly 20 years experience in UK Immigration Law.
74406710

can i apply for an emergency visa for my wife

Customer Question

can i apply for an emergency visa for my wife who is currently in India and awaiting an appeal visa application to be processed?

My father has passed away quite unexpectedly in the UK and my mother is struggling, i would like to find out if my wife can visit for a short period to support my mother and family during this difficult time. It is quite urgent as the funeral is scheduled for Thursday 23rd January 2014

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Howard replied 3 years ago.
She can apply for a visit visa and state the exceptional circumstances but I cannot see any chance whatsoever of her getting this done in time for the funeral unfortunately.

Sorry for the bad news.