James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
11292137

My husband travelled to Zimbabwe in November he used his A4

Customer Question

My husband travelled to Zimbabwe in November he used his A4 immigration status document which has settlement visa. He is a zimbabwean national and uses the zimbabwean passport. All was ok. The document was damaged by a child a few hours before travelling back in January. He attempted to use the doc but was returned from Dubai airport in transit to the uk. Following this we attempted to get information on the possible replacement. He was told by an agent (as there is no British passport service) and that he needed to make a fresh application. I am reluctant as I do not think this is right. Uk ba website is rather confusing as I am getting the impression he needs a biometric visa. The issue is he has to be in the uk what do we do. Please help
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Where was your husband leaving before november?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

he left manchester. he has settlement visa granted in 2010

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Do you mean that your husband has indefinite leave to remain OR do you mean that he received limited leave to remain (ie. spouse visa) in 2010?

Tom