How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 960
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now

My Girlfriend and I have been in an online relationship for

Customer Question

My Girlfriend and I have been in an online relationship for around 3 years , we met last year and she would like to move from the US to the UK to be with me .
I have read the information on the home office site and I see one hurdle (there may be more ) .
I can financially support us but it does state that we should live together for at least 2 years before she can move over and be my partner..

Will this be a major issue?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.


Have you actually met in person?

Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.
Do you still require help?

Related Immigration Law Questions