Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

What is the process of registering a busines for the purposes

What is the process of registering a busines for the purposes of the entreprenur visa (tier 1)? Do i need to have a national insurance number before i can register my business?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Are you in the UK already please?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes i am already in the Uk but don't have a National Insurance Number.
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience.

If you are going to be a director of a limited company or a limited liability partnership then you will need a national insurance number in order to complete the registration of the company/partnership I’m afraid.

You can easily obtain a national insurance number by contacting JobCentre Plus in the way described on the following link:-
https://www.gov.uk/apply-national-insurance-number
You must be able to show that you have the right to work in the UK, but provided that you have a visa for this you should be fine, possibly after an interview.

If you are going to be trading as a sole partnership or simply partnership then you will still need the NI number because as part of the application for the visa you will have to show that you are registered for income tax, for which you need an NI number,

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom