UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

My fiancé who is a Russian national wishes that we get married

My fiancé who is a Russian national wishes that we get married in the U K I am a British citizen who lives here and goes to visit my fiancé who lives in North Cyprus regularly . I do not wish to live permanently in North Cyprus and she does not wish to live here in the u k. My question is is it possible to get a visa for this arrangement so that she can come and go from The T R N C. in other words we plan to live on average 6 months here and 6 months in the T R N C. We are both pensioners.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

As she does not wish to settle in the UK and the plan is to visit the UK from time to time for visits up to 6 months, then a family visit visa will be more appropriate for her. She may apply for a 5 or 10 years multiple entry visa.

In order for both of you to marry in the UK, your fiancée should apply for a marriage visit visa, see here for the requirements of this visa : http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/marriage-cp/

Then she would need to apply for the multiple entry family visit visa once she returns back to TRNC after your marriage:
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/family/

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
U k solicitor J A I thank you for your reply it does seem to be quite positive. There may be a further problem because when she applied again in October last year she was refused a tourist visa .The reason was stated that they did not think that she did not have reason to return to theT R N C. She is the owner of a 3 bedroom apartment .The other reason given for a refusal was that she never gave proof of her income. The form. never requested proof apart from a bank statement that she submitted . Just one other thing if I may be permitted to ask ,, if we married in the T R N C would it be recognised in the U k.

Yes, your marriage in the TRNC would be recognised in the UK.

The refusal points are easy to address e.g. Proof of her property in the TRNC and proof of income there e.g. Her work there, or income from rent.

Shouldn't be a problem for future visa applications as long as the requisite requirements are met.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
U K.Solicitor J A THANK YOU FOR YOUR PROMPT REPLY. DO YOU RECOMMEND THAT SHE USES AN IMMIGRATION COMPANY FOR HER APPLICATION ,ALTHOUGH SHE CAN SPEAK ENGLISH SHE IS NOT FLUENT AND SOMETIMES EVEN I FIND SOME OF THE MANY QUESTIONS UNCLEAR .
Yes, it may be a good idea to do so I that case.

all the best, XXXXX XXXXX feedback
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
U K solicitor J A I WILL BE CONTACTING MY FIANCÉ RE- your answers , can we use this service to assist with any queries that we may have on completing the relevant visa application ourselves, because I understand that it would be quite expensive to use an immigration company.
Yes, please feel free to come back to ask me any follow up queries asking for UKSolicitorJA only to answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am sure that we will need some more advice on our future plans re - visa marriage and multi visa etc. at this moment in time I am in the U K and my fiancé Is in Cyprus . When I return to Cyprus in about 3 weeks we will decide on our marriage destination U K ,T R N C, or even Moscow. Therefore sir I will contact you in due course . I thank you for your services. A Leeds.
You are welcome.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I thank you for your advise that you gave to me re - our last contact, at this moment in time everything is on hold, but should I need your assistance in the near future I will certainly be using this service again. A Leeds.