Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

General medical council registration availability

Customer Question

hello, i cant really tell what category is my questions. I am a physcians, my nationality is jordanian and married to a german. My EU residence permission is the blue card, it isnt unlimited. Anyhow i would love to register myself in the general medical council, therefore i did contact them. This was th reply (If you believe you benefit from an EC right, we strongly advise you to seek professional advice from a lawyer specialising in for nationals of European states and those with an enforceable Community right. We cannot advise you on your status. Therefore, it is your responsibility to provide evidence that you have such a right. Under certain circumstances "exempt persons" can benefit from the provisions of the Medical Act but you should be aware that this is an extremely complex area. Our EC rights factsheet can provide only very general guidance.) I do hold a german medical approbation 'medical lisence'. The question is if i should do the PLAB test becouse i graduated from Jordan but the whole idea is that my certificate was qualified in germany.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 2 years ago.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No its totally fine, i can wait until u find the proper professional help.

thank you

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, its not very urgent. I can wait, i would love really to get answer for my question.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

well i would love to add that my husband is a doctor too so i think that would make him a 'suffiecint person', i read somwthing about that in the EC rights but anyhow we both are living in germany.

I hope that can help in any way.

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can close this question and return your good faith deposit to the original funding source on request.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
I hope you will give JustAnswer a try again in the future,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well thank you for the constants updates. Again as long as we can find the professional help im willing to wait.
I am happy to keep the question open but at this point it seems unlikely that we have any Professional who can answer you. It is a very specialist topic.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

hello again,

after 7 months is it still not possible to find the right professional help for me?

since i live in germany , im kind of short on the orientation where to seek the right answer but i still hope you can help me, looking around again espcially on the gmc website i found this paragraph,

"This page is to explain what evidence of qualifications doctors who qualified in Germany need to supply to support their application."

Full registration with a licence to practise

The documents you will need to send to us depend on the date you started your basic medical training. Please see the table below.

Important datesDocuments requiredDocuments must be issued by:
You began your basic medical training on 20 December 1976 or later in the Bundesrepublik Deutschland (Federal Republic of Germany)

• A Zeugnis über die Ärztliche Prüfung (the State examination certificate in medicine)

OR

• A Zeugnis über die Ärztliche Staatsprüfung und Zeugnis über die Vorbereitungszeit als Medizinalassistent (certificate stating the preparatory period as medical assistant has been completed)

A medical regulatory authority of a Bundesland

You began your basic medical training before 20 December 1976

OR

You completed any part of your training in the Deutsche Demokratische Republik (German Democratic Republic)

OR

AND EITHER

• A document confirming that the training leading to the award of your German primary medical qualification meets the standards detailed in Article 24 of Directive 2005/36/EC

OR

Bundesministerium für Gesundheit (Federal Ministry for Health)

• A document confirming that you are entitled to practise medicine in Germany on the same basis as doctors with qualifications awarded by medical schools in the former West Germany, and that you have effectively and lawfully been engaged in actual medical practice for at least three consecutive years during the five years preceding the award of the certificate (as detailed in articles 23.1 and 23.2 of Directive 2005/36/EC)

The medical regulatory authority of a Bundesland

I'm very sorry but we simply do not have any Professionals with the correct expertise for this question.
I realise this is unsatisfactory but we can offer a refund of the original deposit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you alot for trying, at this point i would love to
Have the refund back.