Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

As a British citizen I want to marry a Mexican women in mexico

As a British citizen I want to marry a Mexican women in mexico can she move to the uk after that what are rules for this please
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

There is a financial requirement for her to get a spouse visa. Do you earn above £18600 per annum from salaried employment?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I do so it will be fine then right
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

In order for her to come here after you marry she will have to apply for a spouse visa, by applying for settlement.

The eligibility requirements are here:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/partners-families/citizens-settled/spouse-cp/can-you-apply/

You meet the financial requirement if you have received your salary for 6 months or more, which is good and provided that you are able to convince the UKBA that the relationship and marriage is genuine and credible (ie. not a sham marriage) then you will be fine. Please note that she must also meet the English language requirement, on the page as well.

However, the application is evidentially very demanding and the amount of supporting documentation that you must submit is considerable. Because of this I would strongly consider instructing a solicitor to prepare the application for you. It should cost around £800-1000+VAT.

Kind regards,

Tom