UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Tier 2 Settlement after 2018. Migrant need to have minimum

Customer Question

Tier 2 Settlement after 2018. Migrant need to have minimum £35,500 salary or what ever is given in SOC which ever is greater will apply. I just want to confirm if migrant was granted leave in 2013 with SOC having salary 31,200 will it impact settlement for him or her after 2018?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The Tier 2 migrant will need to meet all the requirements of the Immigration Rules at the time when they apply for settlement. If they are considering applying for settlement in the future, they should note that the Immigration Rules are subject to change, so yes, a Tier 2 migrant granted leave in 2013 may be impacted in 2018 or after if they wish to apply for settlement then.

The Home Office has already indicacted from now that from 6th April 2016, the Tier 2 migrant must be earning the higher of:
£35,000 per year gross ; or the correct rate of pay for their job as stated in the code of practice for Tier 2 sponsors: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/business-sponsors/points/sponsoringmigrants/employingmigrants/codesofpractice/

Hope this helps

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But I am granted leave in May 2013 with SOC having salary of £31200 and after 2018 I need to have salary of minimum £35500 or SOC which is greater at that time ?

Yes, correct, unless the figures change again by then.

All the best