UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello I am a czech national, living in UK for almost 9 years,

Customer Question

I am a czech national, living in UK for almost 9 years, was registered under work registration scheme and also had applied for uk citizen card which i had back in september 2010.
I was student from 2005 to 2009 and working since after.

I would like to apply for british nationality/passport, can you please advice what form I need to fill and what documents I need to provide.
Do I need to go for life in UK test?

Thanks in advance
Elena
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You would need to apply for naturalisation as a British Citizen on form AN, see here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/applying/applicationtypes/naturalisation/

You will need to pass the life in the UK test and have an English language test pass. See the above page for further details.

All the best
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

English test?

Is it still compulsory if I have ENglish degree, I have done my bachelors and Masters Degree

If your degrees were outside the UK, then you need to get them validated by NARIC, in which case you do not need to worry about the English test.See here: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/working/othercategories/overseas-business-reps/can-you-apply/englishlanguage/All the best