UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i am croatian i i would like to apply for uk permanent residence,

Customer Question

i am croatian i i would like to apply for uk permanent residence, not citizenship, i am living with uk citizen, we are not married, i am not interested to work in uk, i have a job (seaman), also can i get uk documents as identity card, drivig licence etc?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

How long have you lived in the UK and what visas have you held over this period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not permanent as my job is to travell (seaman) but i was comming and go in and out england in last 5-6 years, i did not apply for any visas as i did not need to, as me and my girlfried living together 10 years (periodicaly in croatia/england) now we deceide to settle here in uk.

I did not have any probles as we are now in eu but i would like to register with address in uk as my all documents are still with address in croatia

You will be eligible for permanent residency once you have lived in the UK for 5 years under EEA regulations I.e. 5 years from The date when Croatia was admitted to the EU provided you were living in the UK at that time 1 July 2013.

I would suggest that you apply for a Blue Registration Certificate on form CR1 on the basis of you being an unmarried partner of a British Citizen, this will make it easier for you to prove your entitlement to permanent residency after 5 years: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/eucitizens/croatia/applying/

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks thats make sense

Welcome