How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

i am croatian i i would like to apply for uk permanent residence,

Customer Question

i am croatian i i would like to apply for uk permanent residence, not citizenship, i am living with uk citizen, we are not married, i am not interested to work in uk, i have a job (seaman), also can i get uk documents as identity card, drivig licence etc?
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

How long have you lived in the UK and what visas have you held over this period?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am not permanent as my job is to travell (seaman) but i was comming and go in and out england in last 5-6 years, i did not apply for any visas as i did not need to, as me and my girlfried living together 10 years (periodicaly in croatia/england) now we deceide to settle here in uk.

I did not have any probles as we are now in eu but i would like to register with address in uk as my all documents are still with address in croatia

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Thank you.

You will be eligible for permanent residency once you have lived in the UK for 5 years under EEA regulations I.e. 5 years from The date when Croatia was admitted to the EU provided you were living in the UK at that time 1 July 2013.

I would suggest that you apply for a Blue Registration Certificate on form CR1 on the basis of you being an unmarried partner of a British Citizen, this will make it easier for you to prove your entitlement to permanent residency after 5 years:

Hope this helps
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

thanks thats make sense

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.