UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, I am a single man, age 60, have lived in the UK all

Customer Question

I am a single man, age 60, have lived in the UK all my life. I plan to travel to China in May this year to marry a Chinese woman, age 51. She will then apply for a visa to come to the UK to live with me.
I have filled in a Marriage Notice Form to apply for a Certificate of Legal Capactity to Marry (formerly Certificate of No Impedimet). Can you say... is this all that I need to take with me, or are there other legal documents that I should obtian from a Solicitor or Notary Public?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

You will need a Chinese translation of the document as well and you should check with the Chinese embassy about the translation. You will both also need to go for a medical check up, see here for more information http://english.gov.cn/2005-07/29/content_18377.htm

All the best