UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am staying in UK since 2001 with Indian passport,got my indefinite

I am staying in UK since 2001 with Indian passport,got my indefinite leave to remain in UK in 2009.I am living and working in UK paying income tax since 2001.My wife got spouse visa from Chennai,India on 29/12/11.she first came to UK on 13/05/2013 and stayed for 4 weeks before going back to India.she is coming to UK for the second time on 13/03/2014.Her spouse visa expires on 29/03/2014.Please let me know what she needs to do extend her Visa.she is planning on going back to India in one month

regards

aneesh
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your wife would need to apply for further leave to,remain as your spouse using form FLR(M), she should do this as soon as she comes to the UK and before her current leave to remain expires on 29 March.

She may apply in person or send the application by post, applying in person is better as she gets her passport back the same day if the application is approved.

See here
https://www.gov.uk/remain-in-uk-family/overview

All the best