Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi i apply for British citizenship nationality 15/09/2013 still

Customer Question

Hi i apply for British citizenship nationality 15/09/2013 still i have no news . I have iraninan passport i got marrid with British and i leave in uk befor i get Marrid as student so how long more you think i have to wait ?! Thanks shirin
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Hi Shirin

Thanks for your question.

Do you mean that you have applied for naturalisation as a UK citizen?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

The application times for these applications vary hugely, but the UKBA do say that they aim to determine all applications within 6 months:-
https://www.gov.uk/becoming-a-british-citizen/after-youve-applied
However, applications can take even longer than 6 months if they are complicated.
By my calculations your will be 6 months on the 19th of this month. If you have not heard from them by then then I would chase them in writing. If you have instructed a solicitor then ask them to write to them once you reach this point.
You should state that you consider the application has taken too long to date and that you require the determination of it expedited.

I know that it’s extremely unsatisfactory but where an application is bit complicated it generally results in it taking a lot longer. The UKBA has been un turmoil recently and this will doubtlessly have contributed to it but the 6 month elapsed is still not satisfactory.
My gut feeling is that you will probably hear something shortly after the 6 month point has passed.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on the information I have provided.

Kind regards,

Tom