UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am presently on a Tier 1 post study visa expiring next month.

I am presently on a Tier 1 post study visa expiring next month. I first enter the UK in December 2009 on a Tier 4 Student Visa. My 6 year old daughter was also granted leave as a dependant in these two categories. She came to the UK when she was only 17 months and she started her nursery and primary education here. My mom and step dad are both British citizens and own their own home where my daughter and I are residing since December 2009. My question is if I don't get a sponsored Tier 2 Job by the expiry date of my present visa is there any other way I can get an extension to remain in the UK as I would not want to interrupt my daughter's education here in UK?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

When and where were your born and how did your mother become a British Citizen? Where was your daughter born? Where is your daughter's mother?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply

Both my daughter and I were born in Barbados.

My mother born in Barbados got British citizenship 23 years ago through marriage to my step dad who was also born in Barbados and was a British citizen for over 40 years.

The six year old I am referring too is my daughter. I am her biologically mother and hold a Tier 1 post study visa

Hope this information helps

i will revert shortly
Thank you for your patience.

As you are having difficulty finding a tier 2 sponsor, the best other option is for you to consider applying for a Tier 1 (entrepreneur) visa which you are allowed to switch into as a post study worker. See here for further details: https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/eligibility

However, you would need to move very quickly as time is not on your side.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

Access to £50,000 does that mean I can make reference to the parents investments on my application form? For example isas, shares etc? Or does it have to be in my name?

The funds should be available to you if not in your name.

There are also other criteria applicable such as you must be working in your business at a certain level, see this document for further details: https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/255366/tier1entrepreneurguidance1.pdf

I would suggest that you appoint an immigtration solicitor to assist you with the application, this is simpyl a q&a site and we are now allowed to act for customers.

Hope this helps