UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

good morning. i am sid from india.i intend to do a heavy

good morning.

i am sid from india.i intend to do a heavy goods vehicle liecence in the uk.i would like to know if i will be able to work after the course in the uk? i intend to work in belfast.i have been offered a job after the course with a base salary of 32,000 pounds/annum and a minimum term of 2 years.

kindly let me know if you would attend to the case with the immigration on my behalf and what would be the charges?

thanking you
sid reddy
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
Hello Sid,

What visa are you currently on and when did you come to the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello.

i am in india at the moment .i intend to come over on a visit visa since i have family in belfast.

I am afraid you will not be entitled to work on your visitor visa and you will not be entitled to switch into a work visa from the UK once you arrive here on a visit visa.

If you say anything about work or taking a course, you will be rejected the visitor visa as that visa is only for visiting friends and family and toursim purposes.

The driving course will not qualify for a student visa I am afraid as well.

The typical legal fee for visa applications is about 1000 pounds and you can use the Law Society find a solicitor website: http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

This is only a Q&A site and we are not allowed to take on cases.

Hope this helps