Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My visa application was rejected , I married an EU which was

My visa application was rejected , I married an EU which was legit and have put through our appeal for . but we are worried the fee has not been chagred from our account since we put in our appeal . (£140) what do you think might have gone wrong ? is it a delay ? and what are our chances of winning the case
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Have you received an acknowledgement of receipt for the application?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have not received any receipt. I only sent the form 2weeks ago and included my bank details in a space provided in it. I check my bank account to make sure I have money in it everyday to see if the have charged me. but unfortunately they haven't .

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your patience.

I wouldn't worry too much just yet. The UKBA can take a while to acknowledge and send your confirmation of receipt.

Two weeks is not unusual but they do generally take the money out within three. If it gets to four weeks then it might be a bit of a concern but provided you have entered your account details correctly it will come out.

The position is that once the ukba accept that you are married to an EEA national and that the marriage is genuine then they have to grant you a visa (residence card). So, provided you have proven your marriage to them and they have no reason to doubt it then you will be fine.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok. just to clarify something please. is it the ukba to charge my card or the court ? it was a form sent from ukba anyways but I was thinking the money will be deducted by the court . pardon my lack of knowledge .

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If the court would usually deduct the money..,

Please do remember to rate my answer once you are finished.

Tom