Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi Been an international student here in the uk since 2009.

Customer Question

Been an international student here in the uk since 2009. got two children here in the uk.filling a divorce for seperation from my husband. i cannot continue my school.reason been that my first daughter is in school.she is {4yrs}and the baby is 1yrs n few months its really hard i must tell you. And now i need a permit to be able to keep a roof and raise my kids. the dad does not support.cannot even go back to my country cause of humilation. seriously confused on what to do. All i want is to bee able to take care of my kids. someone help please
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question,

Are you on a student visa?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes will expire next yr jan2015

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

What is your husband's immigration status please?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He got a dependant visa which will expire next month

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Your options are limited.

You can remain on your student visa and continue to study under the conditions of the visa. If you leave college then you will have to apply for a different visa.

If you have been the victim of domestic violence at the hands of your husband then you could potentially apply for indefinite leave to remain.

Alternatively you can't wait until your child is 7 years old and then apply on the basis of your her human rights.

Although they are not particularly enticing those are your rights and options at the present time.

Tom