Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 with a wide general experience.
13262538

I brought my daughter over from Iraq as my dependent at the

Customer Question

I brought my daughter over from Iraq as my dependent at the age of 15 back in 2012. I realized later that all what she told me about her father in Iraq were lies. She was well taken care of by her father and was doing very well at school and she told a common friend that she was actually spoiled back home in Iraq. Now she managed to put herself under social care by telling major lies that ended up in causing me to be arrested by the police though luckily when confronted by police she admitted that she was lying. She is still refusing to come back to me as she is 16 and capable of giving consent according to social workers. Her father came o know about all this and wants her back. I do not mind her going back especially that her application initially was based upon lies. Can he just go to the British embassy in Baghdad and provide evidence that defy he lies? eg progress in school letters from teachers and friends and families, my friend's here in the UK whom she told that her father was super spoiling her etc?
Category: Immigration Law
What is her current immigration status?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

She has a limited stay till she is 18 they gave her in October 2012 a limited stay for 2.5 years. She is not entitled for public fund but she would be allowed to work

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Actually I took her over without her father permission a=or knowledge. She crossed the Iraqi borders to Jordan with me where we applied for visa without her father knowledge. All the time he thought that she is in Baghdad with me at the time in 2012

I am afraid that there is no action that her father can take to force your daughter to return to Iran at this stage
If he had taken action when you took her in 2012 then it could have been different - but this chance has now gone.
However there is of course the issue of her Immigration status which may force her to return then in any event
Please ask if you need any further information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do you know why are the reasons that it is too late now?

Because any action has to be taken promptly - not two years later and your daughter is now old enough that her wishes decide whether or not she has to return