Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi, My name isXXXXX I am on a Tier 2 ICT

My name isXXXXX I am on a Tier 2 ICT visa in UK.

My wife is expecting twins in the month of August this year. To take care of her in her pre-natal stage of pregnancy my parents who are currently in India wanted to come to UK. They have already started filling their online visa application form available on the website visa4uk.fco.gov.uk.

There are certain queries in the form which i wanted to know.

Since my parents would be staying with me in my accomodation in Leeds so I will be bearing all their expenses. There are two questions in the form viz. Cost of your accomodation and cost of your living expenses in UK, but since I would be bearing all their expenses can they write the amount as 0 GBP for these 2 questions. Can it result in their visa application being rejected?

Thanks & Regards
Likin Gera
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Yes, you can write “nil” or “0” in there but it is very important you all explain in supporting documentation the arrangement of them living with you.

Your parents should execute a statement advising of the situation and why they have entered “0” in the relevant question. It should refer to you and your accommodation and state that you will allow them to live there rent-free .

You will also have to execute a statement confirming the accommodation you are offering them. You will have to give proof (eg. tenancy agreement or land registry official copies if you own the property) of your right to live in the property and also, if you are renting, proof from your landlord that they also consent to the occupation of your parents in the property through the duration of the visit.

All such documents should be submitted with the application.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom