UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

tier 5 visa

Customer Question

I am on a tier 5 youth mobility visa which expires in October this year. I am in the UK with my english fiance of 3 years and I was wondering if I can get an extension for this visa or which visa can I apply to in order to remain in the uk?

I am of Australian nationality.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

As you have been living with your partner for more than 2 years, you may apply for further leave to remain in the UK using form FLR(M): https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/285873/FLR_M__12-13.pdf

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So due to my visa bieng like a working holiday, this form is valid for an extension request? What is this form exactly? Is it a short extension request or long term? Will it extand my right to work too? I only really need a short extension of 5 months or so. Bieng on the tier 5 visa, what are the chances of this bieng approved? Also what do they consider in their desicion? I have always worked full time, have no criminal record, payed mytaxes and have good credit history. Is this what they are looking at for extension?

Saar

I will opt out as you have chosen low detail and require a high detail answer instead.