Nicola-mod
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Experience:  Moderator
73944119

Deportation case, I have been convicted of fraud and received

Customer Question

Deportation case, I have been convicted of fraud and received 15 custodial sentence which ended in November 2013. Because I am a foreign national, I have been liable to deportation, I applied for bail in April 2013 and was granted with the condition that I have to attend the reporting centre every Tuesday on a weekly basis which I have done so until now. I have a partner of 11 years (whom have been physically disabled for the last 5 years) and we have an 8 year old son together whom both relied heavily on my care. How can I challenge a deportation order? This have not been served as yet, but due to the length of my sentence, I am expecting this to happen. I am foreign national and have Indefinite Leave to remain which my sons visa is attached to. Any advise will be highly appreciated.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Alice H replied 3 years ago.

Alex Hughes :

My name is Alex Hughes and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

Alex Hughes :

Do you have any other convictions? Apart from ILR have you made any other applications in the past?

Customer :

Hi, i do not have any other convictions. I have had work permit visa issued in 2003 for 4 years and 2 years limited leave to remain which was a spouse visa issued in 2007 then the ILR.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 3 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.