Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

Hi I was born in India in 1983. I came to the uk in 1984

Customer Question

I was born in India in 1983. I came to the uk in 1984 as my father was settled here since 1974. I was given an indefinite leave to remain on entry.

I have since then lived in the uk but kept my indian passport.

I had a baby in nov 2013 and as I had a settled stats before her birth I applied for a British passport for her on 31st of December 2013.

I submitted my passports dating back to 1993 which both have an indefinite stamp in it as supporting documents. I have lost the passport I used on entry in 1984.

The london passport office advised me that they will need to cross check my ILR with the UKBA.

On the 5th of march the passport office replied to me saying that my daughters application has been rejected due to fact that I do not have a settled status.

I do not understand why the UKBA would have concluded that I do not have an indefinite status in the uk when they had granted my husband a spouse visa in 2012 based on my ILR surely they would have checked my status at the ime of issuing him a spouse visa . also I have passports with ILR stamps in them.

I am quite anxious regarding my ILR status and why ukba and passport office have said what they have and don't know what to do next to resolve this and get a passport for my daughter.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Have the passport office stated whether or not you have a right to appeal?

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Are you able to respond to the above post in order that I may provide you with an answer please?

Kind regards,

Tom