Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

time for processing a visa

Customer Question

Hi, I had the decision from the First Tiers Tribunal refusing the Home office permission to appeal which means that my successful appeal decision from the First Tier Tribunal remains .Now ,three months went by and I haven't yet received my visa from the home office. I am very worried !! Does it take that long to issue a visa ? and what shall I do.

Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

If you have won your appeal and no appeal rights were given to the Home Office then I would normally expect your documents to be returned within 8 weeks and usually quite a bit sooner.

Although unsatisfactory, three months is not unheard of. I would write a letter to them asking for your documents to be returned with new visa with 7 days. If this does not happen then send a further letter again chasing and also submitting a formal letter of complaint.

This should sort it out. If it does not then you should see a solicitor to write to them and, before that, your local MP to also write.

If you have won your appeal and they were not given appeal rights and they have not applied for judicial review of the decision not to award appeal rights then you WILL get your documents back. It's just that the Home Office is ridiculously slow.

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much for the information,

I was trying to contact The Home Office, but I am confused about their address. could you please give me the right address of the Home office ?

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I will answer tomorrow

Tom