Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

My girlfriend was refusal entry clearance to the uk all we

Customer Question

My girlfriend was refusal entry clearance to the uk all we want is to stay two day in the uk in Southampton and will get on a cruise she Chinese my girlfriend has a stamp 3 over here in Ireland and we have apply for a work permit in Ireland for her so on a stamp 3 she cannot work so I am support her here they do not think she genuinely seeking a visitor visa can I do something about it all I want is to bring my girlfriend on holiday thank you
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

What nationality are you please?

Did they UKBA expand on the reasons for why they considered that she did not genuinely intend to be a visitor?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am Chinese they said have not given satisfactory evidence of your personal financial circumstances you having provided any information to show that you are support by your partner and you have not show that you have access to sufficient fund to pay for your trip to the uk you have not provided confirmation that the final balance of payment (3.198) for your cruise had been paid. As a result of lack of information supplied regarding your personal and financial circumstance in Ireland I am not satisfied that you genuinely seeking entry as a visitor paragraph 41(1)&(ii)
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks. Drafting your answer now. 5 mins please.

Kind regard,

Tom
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

The refusal should state what appeal rights you have, but I expect appeal rights will be limited to human rights grounds. Unfortunately, I cannot see that there is a human rights argument her.

This means that your only option is to apply again with a new application, correcting the errors or omissions of the original application.

If you have now paid the balance of the cruise payment then I would submit evidence of payment and a receipt/acknowledgement from the cruise company with the new application.

You should also both execute sworn statements with a lawyer where you are confirming your travel plans and specifically that you intend to only be in the UK for three days and only for the purpose of reaching the destination from where the cruise leaves from. You should also include evidence of the cruise departure.

An element of the refusal is based on your finances. In part this means that you have to submit further evidence of the monies that you have available to you in the form of bank statements or statements from any other assets or accounts that you have from which you will finance the trip.

It also mentions that they do not consider that you have provided evidence that you financial support your partner. In this regard, in your personal sworn statements you should outline how you financially support eachother,showing how your organise your finance as a couple in order to meet the day to day expenses of your life together.

In addition I would also submit what documentary evidence you have (emails, phone records, text messages, photos of time you have spent together) substantiating your relationship to show that you are in a relationship together.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
She not allow to work. On a stamp 3 we do have a joint account but I support her thank you
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is the sort of thing that the UKBA would expect you to explain in your sworn statements to them.

Kind regards,

Tom