How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask UKSolicitorJA Your Own Question
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Category: Immigration Law
Satisfied Customers: 4312
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Type Your Immigration Law Question Here...
UKSolicitorJA is online now

when you are married to a non eu citizen and work abroad and

Resolved Question:

when you are married to a non eu citizen and work abroad and have your home in uk , can you get residency visa for your wife
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

What is your nationality?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i AM A bRITISH CITIZEN OF SCOTTISH DECENT - SO not immigrant citizen however , i have worked in saudi for a long time but retain my how in carlisle uk. The embassy in kuwait state if i am not working in uk she must withdraw till i am. but at v63 difficult to get job there.the plan is to have her settle there so she can fget her uk nursing licence and work so when i finish here in a couple of years we are not relying on state funds my wife is only 41 as is a philippine registered nurse

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

The spouse settlement visa is only applicable if you both wish to live in the UK permanently and provided that you are earning an income of at least £18600 per annum.

If you have at least £62500 in savings, that should also be fine.

If you do not have the above, I am afraid the Embassy is correct and the application should be withdrawn otherwise it is likely to be refused.

Hope this helps
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello - since my age is cloise to 63 it is not possible to get job in the uk with this minimum salary. since a large portion of uk workers dont earn this amount. i want my wife settled so we CAN SEcure a job For her then i can retuRN TIO THE UK WITHOUT NEEDING PUBLIC FUNDS


Is that it i can never GET MY WIFE TO THE UK WHILST I AM EMPLOYED ABROAD. WHAT ABOUT HUMAN RIGHTS. IF I LEAVE HERE NOW I would be unemployed and would fail min wage requirement.

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
I am afraid your human rights would only be protected under UK law if you were actually living in the UK, which you are not currently.

I am sorry, but if have already advised you on what the legal position is. I can only,advise you on what the law says even though it is not what you wish to hear.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you , is there any visa i can get which will allow her to go there. i need to get her there so she can get a uk nursing licence which takes time


Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.
She may apply for a visit visa which is for 6 months but she will need to show proof that she will return back home after her visit e.g. If she has a job, property, family etc to come back to, she should provide evidence of this.

All the best
UKSolicitorJA and other Immigration Law Specialists are ready to help you