Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

i work abroad - my wife in uk, have £25k upwards in savings.

i work abroad - my wife in uk, have £25k upwards in savings. my wife is on 2 year spouse visa - will apply for ILR in Nov 2014. wife not claiming any benefits i'm not paying any tax. will this affect my case?
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

Are you a UK citizen?

What is your salary per annum please (ie. for the financial requirement)?

Where do you spend most of your time, abroad or in the UK?

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes im UK citizen

40k tax free

Im in Saudi for 3 - 4 months and then back in uk for 2 - 3 weeks so most of my time abroad

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.
Great.

When was your partner granted her spouse visa? Before or after 9 July 2012?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

before 9th July 2012

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your reply.

The key issue for you will be proving that you are settled in the UK. Because of the amount of time that you spend outside the UK you will have to argue that this is only spent purely for work purposes and that were it not for the fact that your work requires you to be outside of the UK then you would be in the UK all of the time.

If you are able to show that your continuing life is in the UK due to your family links, owning property, having bank accounts here and any other of the usual links one has to the country where they have their permanent home then you shoudl still be able to argue that you are settled in the UK and that your wife remains eligible to apply for ILR.

It's a bit of a complication though and because of this the need for you to instruct a UK based solicitor to prepare your wife's application and to also collate evidence and to draft your respective statements increases greatly so I would certainly do this when the time comes.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Great Can you send me an email so i have your details - an i will contact you in the next 3 - 4 monhts when applying for visa.

Thanks for answer - will recommend you

Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

I'm afraid not, private contact is prohibited under the conditions of use of the site.

You can use the Law Society's find a solicitor search engine to find solicitors near you and they will assist:-
http://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/

Tom