Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

hi my spouse visa will expire next month, I have sent off

hi
my spouse visa will expire next month, I have sent off application to renew my visa in the meantime can i continue to work as it will take 2-3 months for home office to process the application.
my solicitor will provide a letter to give to my employer
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your question and patience, I’m Tom and I’ll try to help you.

Your status and right to work will be the same as it was when you submitted your current application.

You will have the right to work and you will see from the following link under “More Information” at the bottom of the page that this if confirmed:-
https://contact-ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/while-in-uk/extending-stay/

This is the case even if your current visa expires before you have heard back from the home office on your current application.

You solicitior’s letter to your employer will explain it adequately and they will accept it.

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What can I do if my employer refuse to accept the letter and sack me?
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

If they make movements to sack you then you should inform them that they have no legal right to do so because you still have the right to work. You should state that you would take employment law advice and either sue them for unfair dismissal or reinstatement.

Kind regards,

Tom