UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

i am a british citizen decided to obtain my citizenship due

i am a british citizen decided to obtain my citizenship due to the fact my mum is english have been in the uk for just over a year while in south africa i was married but got divorced in 2011 my exwife and i have been chatting for some time about how we miss each other she is coming on holiday to see if its really want we both want if it is can we get married here and she remains with me
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Your ex wife cannot marry you in the UK unless she has a specific visa to marry you.

If you both intend to live in the UK after your marriage, she needs to obtain a fiancée visa for the UK from South Africa.

If you only intend to get married in the UK and then live in SA, then she would need to obtain a marriage visit visa for the UK, from South Africa.

If there are no plans to get married just yet as you say, she may simply apply for a UK visit visa.

Hope this helps