Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  UK Lawyer holding practising certficate for England & Wales.
28732269

howto get my philippine girl friend a visa to come for a 2week

howto get my philippine girl friend a visa to come for a 2week holiday in the uk
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  Thomas replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

She must apply for a visitor's visa from the Philipines and obtain it before she travels to the UK.

The government webpage on a visit visa is here:-
https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/overview

The eligibility criteria for a visitor's visa is as follow, is that you need to show that:-
• You want to visit the UK for no more than six months;
• You intend to leave the UK at the end of your visit;
• You have enough money to support yourself during your stay in the UK without working or needing help from public funds

You have to try and show them that she has continuing obligations in her home country which will continue after the visit and therefore convince them that she is not a risk of overstay. Things like a letter from her employer stating she has a job (if he does) and is expected to return to continue that job, return flight tickets, evidence of continuing accommodation (eg. tenancy agreement of evidence of ownership of a property), bank statements showing the money she has available and evidence of other responsibilities that she has which will continue after the visit.

If you will assist her during the intended stay you should go to a local solicitor to draft a sponsorship declaration in which you state the terms of her visit, that she is to return at the end of it, that if you are in a relationship with her then you know that she must leave at the end of the visit because it would harm the chances of any future application made to secure leave to remain on the basis of that relationship (stating that you have absolutely no intention to make an application at any time in the future at this present time), that you shall accommodate her and shall pay the costs of any unforeseen expenses that should occur during his stay so that nether of you will need to access public funds.

This should cost around £50+vat and you can find immigration solicitors via:-
http://www.lawsociety.org.uk/choosingandusing/findasolicitor.law

My goal is to provide you with a good service. If you feel you have received anything less, please reply back as I am happy to address follow-up issues specifically relating to your question.

Kind regards,

Tom