UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I am a British citizen married to a Filipino for 22 years (who

I am a British citizen married to a Filipino for 22 years (who is now a British citizen) and we both live in the UK. I have a stepson who is a Filipino citizen aged 33. He attended schooling for 5 years in the UK completing his secondary education and had a UK multiple entry Visa before returning to the Philippines to continue his studies. He has returned to the UK with a visit Visa as we did not apply for British Citizenship when he was in the UK. He has since married but has no children. I have my own limited company and would like to bring my stepson and his wife to the UK to get involved with the business and eventually take over as this would be his natural inheritance. I am not sure what Visa to apply for so he and his wife can come to the UK to support my business with a long term view for him to remain in the UK.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

UKSolicitorJA : Hello,
UKSolicitorJA : What business do you run and how much would he be earning if he were to work in the UK?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
My business is project and property management providing consultancy and management support as well as property development. I have been operating successfully for three years and the business is growing. Annual turnover is a six figure value. The minimum starting salary I would be paying my stepson is £20k. I have bank savings and currently own four properties. I also confirm I can support my stepson without reliance on public funds and I have already prepared a sponsorship declaration form to confirm the same should this be required. Please advise if you require any further information.
Thank you. I will revert shortly
Thank you for your patience.

Your stepson will need to apply for a work visa under the points based scheme and the easiest route that will enable him to gain entry to the UK with his wife is the Tier 1 entrepreneur visa provided he has access to £200,000 or more of investment money which you may grant him to enable him to invest in the UK.

This type of visa is complicated to apply for as you may imagine and I would suggest that you appoint a specialist immigration firm of solicitors to handle the application for your stepson and to advise on the specific requirements as to how the business must be structured in terms of shareholding ownership etc for him to be deemed to be an entrepreneur.

See here for further information

https://www.gov.uk/tier-1-entrepreneur/overview

You may use an online search engine to find a suitable law firm that can assist with the application or you may do it yourself but it will be difficult and not advisable.

The other option is Tier 2 general but for that you need to be a registered sponsor which is quite complicated.

Can I assist further?