UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hello, please i want to know if i can visit Belfast in UK

Customer Question

please i want to know if i can visit Belfast in UK with my passport and resident card stamp 4. I read online that by law, I don't need a visit visa from Ireland - UK with the exemption that I go with my irish wife with a copy of wedding certificate. I will be going by road tomorrow as I hope to read from you shortly.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

No, you would not need a visa as long as you are travelling with your EEA spouse and have proof of your marriage.

Hope this clarifies.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you....please can you point to me on the UK immigration website where it was stated that I don't need a visit visa from Ireland - UK with the exemption that I go with my irish wife with a copy of wedding certificate. Since the UK immigration could be funny so times, If I have a printed copy of this prove, it would be an added advantage.

Also, would I be able to travel with my irish wife to

France, Norway, Sweden and even Switzerland.

See regulation 11(4) http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/pdfs/uksi_20061003_en.pdfYou should check with the embassies of the other countries you mention.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Regarding the link you sent me about travelling with my irish wife to the UK without the need to apply for a visa. unfortunately the file is not longer available on the website.

i am travelling to the UK next month and i would like to take the document along.

i hope to read from you shortly

Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Try this link
http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2006/1003/pdfs/uksi_20061003_en.pdf
See regulation 11(4)