UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi UKSolicitorJA I have got a few queries. 1. As you

Customer Question

Hi UKSolicitorJA

I have got a few queries.

1. As you know that I am eligible for ILR in the month of November this year, I wanted to ask for how long can I stay out of the UK before November. Will this affect my ILR in any case? By what time I should be back in the UK? Basically I wanted to know for how many consecutive days can I be outside the UK and how many days prior to my application for ILR I should be back in the UK.

2. I have come to know that I have to show my salary slips to apply for ILR I wanted to know for how many months I have to show my salary slips?

3. Suppose one of my salary slips is in currency INR and the rest are in GBP will this be fine?

Thanks & Regards
Likin Gera
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Likin,

1) I would expect your holiday to be in line with your annual leave allowance which should be about a month or so at most. You may be out of the UK for up to 90 days safely. You may come back to the UK anytime before you lodge your ILR application in November;

2) it is advisable to have payslips for 12 months, although 6 months is also fine;

3) INR currency is fine.

All the best

UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience: English solicitor with over 12 years experience
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi UKSolicitorJA

Thanks for your response.

I have got a few more queries.

1) As you said I can stay out of the UK for 90 days does it mean 90 consecutive days?

2) What are the total no. of days a person can be outside the UK in the 5 year tenure which includes both consecutive and non-consecutive days?

3) Prior to my application for ILR if my final 6 month salary slips are in INR and the previous 6 month salary slips before that are in GBP will that have any effect on my ILR?

Thanks & Regards

Likin Gera

1) The general rule is that you should not be out of the UK for 180 consecutive days as that breaks your continous residence in the UK. This is why I mentioned the 90 days to be on the safe side, this could be consecutive or total during a period of 12 months;

2)As a general rule, you should not have spent more than 450 days out of the UK during the 5 years period (approximately 90 days in each year, consecutive or otherwise).

3) you can be paid in INR or GBP, there is no restriction provided the correct UK tax has been deducted on your income. So 6 months payslips in INR and 6 months in GBP is fine.

All the best
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi UKSolicitorJA

As you know my wife is expecting twins in the month of August. It might be a chance that we will have to move back to our home country that is India. I have got a few queries.

1. Can you tell us about the procedure involved in applying for an Indian passport?

2. What is the minimum age required for an infant for air travel?

Thanks & Regards

Likin Gera

Hello Likin,

Please open a new question.