UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I need help please. I recieved my ILR five months ago and

Customer Question

I need help please.

I recieved my ILR five months ago and I'm looking to apply for naturalization, i am in no breach of immigration rule but concerned about the good character section of the AN form, i was convicted for drink driving on 08 02 2010 and was disqualified for 6 months, paid the fine in full same week. Could this conviction lead to the refusal of my application. I would like a fully detailed explanation please. Thanks
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

UKSolicitorJA : Hello,
UKSolicitorJA : what is your nationality please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am Nigerian, married to a British citizen
If you received ILR with the conviction, you are good for naturalisation as the good character test is the same and you passed it at the ILR stage.

As you are married to a British Citizen and assuming you have been in the UK lawfully for the last 3 years, you may apply for naturalisation immediately I.e. Right now.

Your conviction was non custodial and became spent after 3 years I.e. On 8 February 2013 which is why you obtained ILR 5 months ago as the conviction was spent.

Can I assist further?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks for the response. Should I declare the conviction in the application or should i just not mention it as it's spent.. And one more thing to add, i am currently unemployed.
Unemployed is not a problem but you must declare your conviction, even if it is unspent.

All the best and thank you for the feedback. If you need further help, you may ask for UKSolicitorJA only to answer you.