My question is regarding UK visa Tier 2 General.
I am a researcher and I got my new Tier 2 visa General sponsored by institute A. The position is funded by a Trust. After I started at institute A this month, our supervisor has negotiated with the Trust to move the lab and the funds to institute B based on the fact that the fund budget was not yet activated. He got the approval and we are moving to institute B.
My questions are:
1) Do I need to apply for a new visa, sponsored by institute B?
2) If a new visa is required does institute B has to advertise for the new job and run a labour test?
3) Is there any possibility for a visa transfer, and what could justify it?
4) In case of visa transfer is possible, what are the fees?
5) During the new or transfer application, do I need to be present in the country (UK)?
As a side note, my partner got a Tier 2 dependent visa but didn't move into the country yet. Do you recommend in any of the cases above that my partner move into the country before I apply for a new or a transfer visa?
I didn't get a reply from you.
I am from the middle east.
Thank you for your reply.
The agreement among the Trust, Institute B and my supervisor was to accept the fact that we need to be transferred as part of the group since I already started my work contract at Institute A. Staying with Institute A is not an option if my supervisor is moving. Since my position is funded from grant X (by the Trust) which is now moving from Institute A to Institute B, does this make a transfer possible?
If a new visa is to be applied for. How could my supervisor coordinate the resignation from Institute A, the advertisement of job at Institute B and the application of the new visa (time wise)? The idea is to start at Institute B on the 1st of June, but we are flexible.
The point obviously here is I want to avoid having any gap which may put me at risk of being asked to leave the country.
Currently, my dependents are living in EU (student visa), but as I mentioned they already got the Tier-2 General dependent visa (UK). Is there any advantage of asking them to move at once to the UK before a new application is started (time wise, visa fee, complications...)?
If my presence is not required for the time being, either in Institute A or Institute B, and I can work from home. Is it possible to be in my home in EU (rather than in the UK) during this process?
Thank you for your note.
Actually, I need to know by latest Monday afternoon. So, I will be able to wait until then. I hope I can find an answer to my inquiry.
I would like to ask for a refund please.