UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

I havent received my 1st Adult British passport after 7 months

Customer Question

I haven't received my 1st Adult British passport after 7 months now. They first, asked for a Countersignatory confirmation from my 1st countersignatory & has resulted to chaos as my countersignatory was in holiday for a month & his deputy answered the confirmation letter on his behalf as the Belfast passport office Passport Officer said on the phone that it was OK for the deputy to do so. Then they asked me to give them a totally new countersignatory, 2 new passport photos & of course a new application from was done. Up to now, I haven't received my passport. I couldn't trust them anymore as they've been treating me like shit for the past 7 months. This is verry stressfull & the inconvenience it caused me is horrendous. I was adviced not to travel until my passport's issued. How can I get the Belfast passport office to do their job & issue my passport? I need legal help please. Thanks.
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

This is not acceptable and you should contact your local MP to take up the matter for you and you may also then complain further to the Parliamentary Ombudsman

http://www.ombudsman.org.uk/make-a-complaint

Can I help further?