UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

For UKSolicitorJA only. I will like to know if speed fines

For UKSolicitorJA only. I will like to know if speed fines will affect one from getting ILR on his 10 year anniversary.

Please give more details about the offences, when did they take place and what happened?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
3 point for doing 60 on a 50 mph zone on M road. And another 3 point for doing 60 on a 50mph zone. First was a failure from post mail that didn't deliver his response to take up speed awareness resulting in case to court and was order to take 3 point.
Thank you. When were the points issued by the court?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The court one is 2013 and the other 2014
?Thank you.

The waiting period is 3 years from the date of the court conviction, so 2016, assuming that the 2014 one was dealt with by a fixed penalty which was paid in time.

Can I help further
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The 2014 was fixed penalty, is there any waiting for that.
No, although it is usually advisable to have only 1 fixed penalty notice in the last 12 months prior to application.

Hope this clarifies