UKSolicitorJA
UKSolicitorJA, Solicitor
Experience:  English solicitor with over 12 years experience
62162956

Hi I am married to a British since Oct 2010 and have my indefinite

Hi I am married to a British since Oct 2010 and have my indefinite since Dec 2012. We are looking to get a divorce one lawyer has told me If I get divorced I will have to wait 5 year to get my neutralisation is this correct? I have been in the UK legally for 10 years now
Category: Immigration Law
Expert:  UKSolicitorJA replied 3 years ago.

Yes, if you get divorced before you apply for naturalisation, you will only be eligible to apply for naturalisation after living in the UK lawfully for 5 years, if you apply for naturalisation before you get divorced, you will be eligible to apply after 3 years in the UK lawfully.

Can I help further?